Friday, September 12, 2014

Custom Card of the Day: Desmond Edition


You know, at the beginning of the season, there was some haziness as to who would win the NL East. Really. Some people thought the Braves would take it, and a few people thought the Nationals would take it.

Well, I don't think there's any haziness now.

I mean this without any offense meant toward Atlanta. The Braves had a very nice season, and have a nice squad, but unfortunately the Nationals got absolutely huge over the past two months. And the trade deadline came around, and they got even huger. And everybody just started hitting around then. So, from the middle of July on, the Nats have absolutely owned it.

Ian Desmond, surprisingly, is one of the catalysts here. I say surprisingly because I never really saw him as a home-run hitter. When he was coming up, he was just the speedy defensive force, that would maybe hit ten homers. And now he's leading the team, I think, which is nice. Plus, I'm glad he's having a great season, because I got a card of his signed at a Nats game a few years ago.

In terms of the Nats, let's keep this going. I'm not gonna be stupid and call for a Phillies renaissance in the next three weeks. I think the Nats will get far in the postseason, though I don't know about all the way.

Coming Tonight (?)- The Indians are still, sort of, hanging in there, so here's a card of their top pitcher this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment